Table of Contents

How to find relief after an accident or injury

Looking for a trusted personal injury chiropractor? Our experienced team in Ventura County can help you find relief from pain and regain mobility.
Sayler Park Chiropractic

Dealing with personal injuries can be challenging, as it causes extreme pain and emotional stress and restricts your everyday activities.

Have you sustained a personal injury and want to make a personal injury claim? Don’t worry. In this guide, we will discuss what you can do for pain relief and how a personal injury chiropractor can help you with your case.

Are you experiencing pain after an injury?

Personal injuries, such as car accidents, construction site accidents, or slip and fall accidents, often lead to musculoskeletal pain. Sometimes the pain after an injury does not appear readily and may take days or even months to manifest.

You should seek medical attention immediately, whether you experience any symptoms; otherwise, the pain or injury may worsen with time. Your physician will look after your condition and advice the right plan to make sure you recover quickly.

What can I take for pain after a personal injury?

For pain management after a personal injury, you can use over-the-counter painkillers such as acetaminophen or aspirin. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) drugs such as ibuprofen also help with pain, swelling, and fever associated with car accident injuries.

Note: Use NSAID 48 hours after the injury, as it may sometimes affect the healing process.

Are you experiencing acute pain or chronic pain?

The pain associated with personal injury cases is acute or chronic. Acute pain starts immediately after an injury and may last up to 3 months. We can manage it with over-the-counter pain medications. In severe pain, your medical professional may prescribe you more aggressive painkillers. You can discontinue the medication once your pain is gone.

If your physical pain lasts over three months, it’s considered chronic pain. This type of pain is more complex and requires long-term medical treatment, such as physical therapy, medications, and lifestyle changes.

Sometimes, acute pain can become chronic. This usually happens when personal injury patients are not diagnosed and treated correctly.


Who to see for personal injury pain relief?

You should look for a pain management specialist after a personal injury as soon as possible. A doctor equipped in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating different pain through nonsurgical treatments.

The pain management doctor creates an interventional pain management plan for you by analyzing your injuries. Their treatment plan will improve your pain and reduce the chance of further injury.

What treatments might I require for a personal injury?

If you encounter any traumatic event such as a car accident, workplace injury, or slip and fall accident; the following are pain management treatment options available:

  • Medication for pain management
  • Physical therapy
  • Massage therapy
  • Bracing
  • Injection based therapy
  • Chiropractic care
  • Physical activity and lifestyle changes


RICE Method

RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) is the easiest technique which helps with lingering pain and swelling and ensures speedy recovery. You can follow this method simply at home with no professional help.

Massage Therapy

Massage increases the blood flow to the injured area and promotes healing. It also reduces pain and relieves stress. Our office offers chiropractic massage therapy to help relieve pain and increase mobility.

What is a pain journal, and how does it help your personal injury case?

Pain journal strengthens your case and helps your attorney argue your case. You can get compensation for all your medical treatment and expenses with a detailed journal. Here’s what you should include in your personal injury claim:

  • Accident facts
  • Pain and suffering
  • Cost of medical treatment
  • Overall expenses
  • Time lost from work
  • Limitations to your daily routine
  • Recovery

Is it safe to get chiropractic care for personal injuries?

Yes, chiropractic care is safe, cost-efficient, and effective for personal injuries. To accurately assess your injuries, visit your chiropractor as soon as possible.

What are the most common personal injuries chiropractors treat?

Whether you are experiencing pain because of a car accident or workplace injury, a licensed chiropractor will take care of all your pains and prevent them from becoming chronic. They can treat the following conditions:

  • Back pain
  • Pelvic pain
  • Headaches
  • Arm and shoulder pain
  • Leg and hip pain
  • Whiplash
  • Soft tissue pain
  • Sprains and strains

Your trusted personal injury chiropractor in Ventura County

Are you looking for an accident chiropractor for your injury? You are in the right place. Trust me as your experienced chiropractor who will create an individualized plan so you can get rid of pain and regain mobility.

Get in touch with us today to book your appointment at either our Sayler Park Chiropractic office.

Blog Tags
Blog Category

Leave a Reply